Linking the Rostock Tram Network
By order of the Rostocker Straßenbahn AG and the DB Station & Service AG Hamburg the Rostock tram lines were linked to the rail network of the German Federal Railways. Train travellers are now able to get to the city centre quickly and easily as can residents of south Rostock.
A large-scale conversion of the Rostock Central Station into a transport hub was central to the plans. The new passenger train station directly under the main station provides an ideal connection between tram, bus, local trains and the German Federal Railways.
The work involved for Pöyry Infra Berlin included:
- configuration of interiors
- property and load-bearing frame planning for buildings and engineering works,
- planning for road, tram and train transport facilities,
- the accompanying landscape planning and noise assessment,
- the technical building facilities,
- process control and safety engineering,
- light signal systems, traction power supply and electro-technics,
- the telecommunications system,
- assurance of fire protection systems,
- technical management,
- overseeing construction work,
- involvement in the commissioning,
- developing the construction schedule and logistics as well as technical co-ordination.
The new train station was constructed in three stages as a cut-and-cover construction, all without interrupting normal service. It was opened in April 2003 in time for the IGA (International Garden Exhibition).
card_1 certainly shows its strengths in such complex projects. Many different planning fields can be dealt with, each one building on the previous one, without media breaks, because the software allows data from very different areas to be managed in a uniform, extensive data model. card_1 ensures comprehensive, integrated project work especially when it comes to linking various transport systems.
- Cost of construction €100m
- Construction Preliminary / design planning
- Authorization planning
- Execution planning
- Unklar: Preparation for and involvement of the contract being awarded
- Planning period from 1999
- Opening of the new station in 2003